It’s been said chicken noodle soup is soup for the soul. Kirby and Kenzie lap up every drop of this healing bowl of goodness so why not fix a bowl for your dog?
This versatile nutritious meal will be a pup pleaser whether served cold in the summer or warmed in the winter. If sharing I would leave out the ground chicken bones which leave a gritty taste your pup will love but you, not so much.
Chicken Noodle Soup
Soup for the soul
The Canine Chef Cookbook
Yields: 20 cups
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 2 – 3 hours
153 calories ,
4.4 calories from fat
Total fat: 6% (1.2g saturated fat, 0.0g trans fat)
- 1 whole chicken or 2 ½ lbs chicken thighs
- 2 carrots
- 1 celery stalk
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground egg shell
- filtered water
- 4 oz angel hair or thin pasta
- Place skinned chicken in crockpot or dutch oven and cover with water.
- Finely dice vegetables and add to pot.
- Stir in egg shell and seasonings.
- Let cook on high for several hours until chicken is cooked and vegetables are soft.
- Remove chicken, debone and shred. Add back to pot.
- Break spaghetti into small pieces and add to pot. Let simmer on low heat until noodles are cooked.
- Let cool and serve.
Shredded chicken meat
Ground Chicken bones
Goodness to the last drop
This can be kept in the refrigerator up to seven days or in the freezer up to three months.